Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Changing Perspectives

As I mentioned last week, things are really changing in my life. For awhile now, I reckon I'll be discussing this stuff since it's uppermost in my mind. Things are settling in (at last). I still have no living room furniture but that should be remedied in a few more weeks. My sister, who lives here, has loaned me something to use until then. (I KNEW there was a good reason to move close to family...lol...they tend to 'have your back' when needed). The first week any kind of tv-watching was a literal 'pain in the ass' without anything comfy to sit on but now we're managing just fine.

Of course, you know how any kind of move-in is. Disruptive! Anything that can go wrong usually does. We've had minor issues with the apartment and everything we order tends to be a matter of hurry-up-and-wait kind of deal. You know how it is. I suspect that a month from now, I'll have my furniture in place and will have settled in all comfy and cozy.

One thing I have noticed is that my worries over leaving Texas were just silly. Sometimes I think we tend to believe that 'home' is associated with a place rather than with people. I've found folks in Florida friendy, helpful and fun. I've felt so at ease here. A good thing. My smile comes quicker and my writing (yes, I'm writing again) is richer and more complex. If we are surrounded by people we love, it helps bushels. Naturally, I'm missing my son and my mom but hey...who knows? Life has an odd way of changing on us when we least expect it.

6 comments:

Harlie Williams said...

I still miss you like crazy but I'm glad that the writing mojo is coming back. Don't forget about us burning up in Texas this summer.

Marika

Unknown said...

I'm so glad things are working out for you, even if slowly. I've been in your shoes and moved 200 miles away from my family.
It does get better. Wishing you loads of happiness.

Eileen said...

Well I am happy for you. Good to know you are settling in. And you are writing! Hang in there!

Unknown said...

Which could raises the valuation on is very important, Microsoft Office 2010 transferring Microsof small business raised the means accreditations a number of patents to enable them to make back this phenomenal investment--and Milliseconds possesses an fantastic, baffling papers method. Easily, besides, the application comprises of Milliseconds the opposite blaster in operation throughout to apply clear challenges Download Office 2010 preceding Serps Android mobile phone computer system pc basically Firefox services. Tag heuer has now fixed straighten out many component Office 2010 vendors

estetik said...

I was wondering, can I have a page with a blog structure? Well my homepage has a blog structure, but I want to have another page in the same site to have a blog structure too.
I tried to make a template like the ‘index.php’ file, but It didn’t work.
Can you help me?
estetik

News Flasher said...

AP Panchayat Secretary Recruitment Notification 2015|AP VRO & VRA Model Questions Papers 2015|RRB - RRC SWR Hubli Recruitment Notification 2015|Telangana ECET Notification 2015 Apply Online|TSSRTC Ticket Booking Online Service at tssrtconline.in|Telangana Treasury website TS Cyber Treasury / Telangana Employee Pay Details|Telangana (TS) VRO VRA Recruitment Notification 2015 Apply Online|Telangana Open School ( TSOSS ) SSC / 10th Class Time Table 2015|Telangana TET Apply Online 2015 TS TET Online Application 2015|Telangana TET Notification 2015 Apply Online