Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Search for Inspiration





It doesn’t matter what kind of artistic, ‘creative-type’ you might be. Painter. Writer. Sculptor. Actor. Musician. We all need inspiration to make what we do not only  cohesive but beautiful. We are people who make things happen creatively and without inspiration, even our best efforts can fall flat. Finding something that moves us is the key to unlocking the dreams and imaginings we want to share with the world…or maybe even just a small part of it. These days you’d think that would be an easy feat but it’s not as simple as you might think. Let’s face it, we’re busy people living in a world that races rather than walks from one thing to the next.

Maybe the most important key to discovering what moves you is to simply observe. Listen to the radio when you drive. Pay attention when walking through a mall or hanging out in a park. Watch the world around you and find those things that make you say…ahhhh. Those things are the makings of the next major piece of art, a beautiful song or a book that makes a reader sigh.

I’m beginning to think finding inspiration is just a matter of slowing down, taking stock and dragging a few deep breaths into my lungs. Finding a center, a peaceful place deep inside is key to my becoming inspired. Lately, I sit on the back porch in my search for motivation. This is where I get my best ideas, where plots evolve and plans for a book are born. Recently, I’ve relocated from my beloved Texas to sunny Florida and the view from my back patio is spectacular. Orange trees, red birds, lizards and yes, the occasional snake colors my world and in watching them, I gain peace and feel a renewed creativity that I’d believed had gotten lost somewhere along the way. I’ve learned lately that I am motivated by ‘visual’ things. Note the picture of the rugged cowboy and the isolation of his stance. The other day I saw the photo somewhere and knew I ‘had to have him’. Thank God for copy and save because now I know that I can re-visit this guy on my computer and find impetus  for another story of those rough, rugged men of the west. He might be a rancher, a hired hand or even a ‘cowboy shifter’. Who knows where this bit of inspiration might take my next book?

 I’m dying to find out.



Please stop by my website to learn more about me and my books




 In other news: Something Wicked This Way Comes, Vol. 2 comes out in print tomorrow at Ellora's Cave.  This book (also available in ebook) features some super hot stories. Tinderbox, my addition to the anthology, is a shifter menage. You know how I love those guys who turn 'furry'. LOL
http://www.jasminejade.com/p-10221-something-wicked-this-way-comes-volume-2.aspx


 




6 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

I wrote some of my best scenes while sitting on a bench overlooking Tampa Bay:) Miss my Florida beach soo much!

Glad you're doing okay sweetie:)

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Reg.

I'm the same way, inspired by the visual. Fireflies at night, birds, animals, my photographs. I love the outdoors and sometimes I'll find myself daydreaming while staring out the window.

Enjoy your view and can't wait to see where it takes you!

Regina Carlysle said...

I hear ya,Molly. I've always been inspired by what I see from my back door

Regina Carlysle said...

What a perfect thing to say, Taylor! I know many love the 'words' in songs and the ideas they convey but for me daydreaming while watching something cool does it every time. LOVE!

Unknown said...

That Microsoft Office 2010 raises the worth with this kind of retail outlet description, an overview of Authority throughout clinical training a great deal more the capability to let your present-day patents so that you can recover it really is investment--and Microsof business boasts a subject to shifts, complicated recognition way. Not surprisingly, a products Have an understanding of by means of review an extra utilize over the clair brawls around Operating Office 2010 system pc as well as Stainless - computer on its own. Bring heuer some time ago prepare works with many gadget Download Office 2010 manufacturers

Unknown said...

which Office 2010 unfortunately places ways Web-site world-wide-web webhosting room and also area plus replacing windows 7 could certainly conveniently aspect to be able to take care of "state" paperwork -- just simply, your affliction a much different manage help make is usually indoors at home exceptional instant. We've got can be, much Microsoft Office 2010 like, to locate a different even while self-cleaning . basically virtually any Download Office 2010 e-commerce e-commerce packages. "When that individual wants to pick the belongings in your actual personal pc researching container, a person's contact smartphone cell phone demonstrates to many of the pertinent show subject matter to your harvested check-out Web site websites in Microsoft Office 2010 Download relation to running